This week has raced by, I can’t believe it’s Friday already. It’s true that time flies when you are having fun!
We’ve had an adventurous week, with many students out and about; our school van has been zipping all over the countryside:
* On Monday, Matthew Shortland and Clarence Spiers were treated to an introductory golfing
session at Denby Golf Course. The boys enjoyed the experience and appreciated the opportunity to try their hand at a sport that was new to them.
* A group of Year 11 students attended a Food and Beverages course at Northtec on Monday and Tuesday. They learned skills such as etiquette when serving customers and waiting on tables.
They also learned how to polish cutlery and glasses and how to lay a table.
* On Wednesday, our Year 7 & 8 students competed against teams of students from other local schools at a Winter Sports Tournament. Students participated in football, badminton, gymnastics, basketball and table tennis. As usual, I was proud to hear of the dedication, fair play and teamwork that our students exhibited. A big thanks to all the parents that assisted with transport, managing teams and caring for our students. Your support was really appreciated.
* On Thursday, our Year 10 and some Year 11 students spent the day in Auckland with Mr Carroll and Mr Buchanan at the Careers Expo. The students were able to explore the multitude of possible career options that are up for grabs out there. Hopefully they have all come back inspired, with even bigger dreams for their futures.
* Today we sent a team of year 9&10 boys to complete in a hockey tournament. I am sure they will have represented us well.
* Ben Keyte, Dwayne Tainui and Peter Sa’ena-Brown have been busy this week preparing for next week’s Cross Country. We will be hosting Whangarei Adventist and Otamatea Christian Schools who are bringing some of their students to compete. Please check the timetable included in this newsletter; it would be terrific if you’re able to come and watch your child run.
* Unfortunately, we’ve had many students and staff absent this week with tummy bugs and the flu. If your young one is sick please keep them at home until they are recovered.
Tangohia tiaki– Take care- Nicole
© 2019, www.excellerecollege.school.nz. All rights reserved.