I hope you have had a successful week. We have certainly been very busy here at school:
- Senior students have been sitting mock exams this week. It is our hope that they will be pleased with their results and be able to identify next steps for their learning. Junior and Middle College teachers have also been assessing students for progress in reading, writing and maths. The information gathered will be communicated in mid- year student reports. These will be sent home at the end of this term.
- We had a great Parent Support Group meeting on Wednesday afternoon. It is always a blessing to experience the support that our school has from our parent community. There will be another meeting in the staffroom after school on Monday 24th June, so if you are keen to join the group then please come along. One area of need that was highlighted at the meeting was for more help with canteen. Mrs Shirleen Brits is currently leading a small team of parents who are running canteen on Fridays but additional help with shopping, preparing food items or serving students is needed for canteen to continue. If you have any time available to help Shirleen please contact the office.
- On Thursday, staff farewelled Mrs Nat Brown who has been working here as a ‘teacher – aide extraordinaire’ over the past couple of years. Nat is expecting her second child in 5 weeks. We pray for favour and blessing for her, and family, as they enter this exciting new season. Staff and students alike have been truly blessed by the care, enthusiasm and dedication Nat has brought to her role.
- We welcome Mrs Michelle Meyer to our staff family as a teacher aide. Michelle is taking over from Nat and we are really excited to have her as part of the team.
- A big thank you to the Parent Support Group for funding new netball uniforms. The group have supplied T-shirts and skorts for the Junior teams and dresses for the Intermediate and Senior teams. The uniforms made by Kaye at Northland School Wear are fabulous and the players are going to look stunning on the netball courts. Thank you to Dwayne Tainui for the time he has put into the uniform design and ordering process along with Maria Shortland and Tamara Chambers who assisted him.
- After school Thursday the ball committee held a movie night fundraiser. They are thrilled with the $260 that was raised and commented that the students who went along made the event extra special because of their politeness and excellent behaviour.
Arohanui– Much love – Nicole
© 2019, www.excellerecollege.school.nz. All rights reserved.