Well, we’ve come to the end of week 8!
It has felt like winter has arrived this week. I hope you are enjoying snuggly nights at home in front of the fire and have had the annual rummage in the linen cupboard for electric blankets. On the note of being warm for winter, please check that your child is wearing their correct uniform items before leaving home for school: school jersey, school jacket, a plain black scarf is permitted. Girls can wear navy or black stockings- no footless leggings under shorts or skirts. Black shoes are the requirement, they are to be lace up, or fastened with velcro/ buckle and of polishable material. Canvas slip ons are not permitted or shoes with white or coloured branding/stitching. Beanies and woolly hats can be worn to school but come off at the school gate. Thanks for your support.
It has been a hive of activity here this week:
- The whare has been shaking with the vibrations coming from earth moving machinery. The crew from Plant Pro have been busy forming a staff car park, situated at the rear of the whare. Staff are looking forward to using this area next term.
- The final prefab out the back is getting a makeover thanks to Paul Erceg Builders, the painters are in next week to paint the interior and then carpet will be installed in the last week of school. This classroom will be used by senior classes from next term.
- Our library is on the move from the admin area to Room 8. This will be a work in progress over the next couple of weeks. The plan is for the library to be ready for use by the start of next term. If you have any time available over the next couple of weeks or in the first week of the holidays to assist with this project then we would be keen to hear from you. Please contact the office.
- On Tuesday, Jan from Northpower taught the Year 8/9 students how to use a range of small appliances in the kitchen. They had a great time learning to cook a variety of items on the appliances.
- Staff are busy at the moment completing the writing of mid term reports. Reports will be sent home with your child/ren at the end of this term (Wednesday 3rd July). Students will each receive an individual envelope containing their report, in the past we have collated sibling reports in the same envelope. On Wednesday afternoon (week after next) please ask each of your children for their report.
- The highlight of this week was having a group of New Entrant students visit Room 1. These children will be joining Room 1 after the holidays. It was so lovely to meet these new students and their parents. Thank you to the Year 1 students of Room 1 who welcomed their new classmates with such kindness and care.
Kia pai tō rā whakatā, Have a great weekend!– Nicole
© 2019, www.excellerecollege.school.nz. All rights reserved.