Walk with God daily…
Today we held a Daffodil Day mufti. We pray healing for all those that suffer from cancer, and strength for those that care for them.
From Sean McDowell’s book ‘So The Next generation Will Know’ here are five strategies for connecting with Generation Z (five more next week):
- Share stories— as Jesus spoke through stories, so should we share our personal experiences.
- Enter your kid’s world— show that you value them by sharing their movies, music, food, etc.
- Practice empathy— ‘Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep’ (Romans 12: 15)
- Be a good listener— ‘be quick to hear, slow to speak.’ (James 1: 19).
- Express unconditional love— despite current circumstance show your love for your children.
Congratulations to our Cross country runners, for their efforts on Wednesday. In cool conditions, they all represented us well . Thank you to Jake Knobel, and parents, for supporting this event.
We each travel an individual journey with Christ when we are born again. There is no set script we can follow as we grow in His love. We must be patient, and trust in His promises. The goal of becoming Christ-in-us is a life-long adventure, and part of that is to support, encourage and guide others in their journey. So when we stumble, or we see others fall, our Faith should help us rise, and we should be there to help others as well.
Graeme Whitehead, Principal
“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1: 6 (NASB)
© 2019, www.excellerecollege.school.nz. All rights reserved.