Statements of Faith
The Special Character of the School is determined by the Christian beliefs, values and lifestyle of the Christian Church as determined from time to time by the Whangarei Christian Education Trust, and is to be upheld in word and fulfilled in practice by staff.
Because God is
The Creator of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible, sustaining and ruling over creation including man …
And is the source of all wisdom and knowledge.
God the Father, Jesus his Son and the Holy Spirit are relevant to every area of study and endeavour in the school.
The School reflects this by:
- Experiencing Godly relationships, showing the character of Christ in love, using the Bible as the basis for exploring God’s world, and as a standard against which to compare and interpret all curriculum material.
- Teaching Christian values and behaviour through the process of acknowledgement of sin, repentance and acceptance of Jesus’ gift of grace.
- Using prayer as a key tool in learning, inviting the Holy Spirit into every learning situation.
- Encouraging each child to give their best because God creates and equips each person for their unique role in His service, and acknowledging achievement in accordance with the child’s effort.
- Inextricably integrating knowledge of the world and Christian beliefs, through an integrated approach of an appropriate Christian curriculum and developed programme plans.
- Acting as a continuum and extension of the teaching provided in Christian homes.
- Providing an environment where children, parents and teachers can experience godly relationships, show the character of Christ in love, discipline, respect, honour and trust, and witness an exemplary demonstration of Biblical truths in the lives of others.
- Employing staff who are role models for students, who promote values and standards based on Biblical principles.
This is expressed through our core values.